Join us at a 2020 Virtual Executive Roundtable
Modernizing Research Lab Design and Management
State-of-the-art labs are critical for competing in today’s hypercompetitive funding environment and achieving research growth goals. Yet, most institutions struggle to upgrade outdated campus labs due to a high cost of renovation and limitations on new construction. On top of that, decentralized space governance complicates lab management and makes it difficult to maximize the value of campus lab space.
In this meeting series, we will discuss tactics for modernizing research lab design and management. Topics include:
- How to hardwire new research buildings to promote interdisciplinary collaboration
- Ways to eliminate pain points in the lab renovation process to expedite timelines
- How to create incentives to encourage more productive use of existing lab space
Sessions are best suited for chief research officers, vice presidents/associate vice presidents for research, deans of research, and vice presidents/associate vice presidents for research facilities.
Each session is limited to two participants per institution. Use the drop down in the banner above to register for one of the sessions:
- Tuesday, August 11 | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Wednesday, August 26 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
"Just making the dedicated time to think deeply about these issues is a welcome opportunity to be strategic rather than tactical."