As we emerge from a year unlike any other, higher ed finds itself at the juncture of converging forces creating both intense challenges and opportunities. A global pandemic, soaring unemployment, racial tensions and a revitalized social justice movement, accelerated shifts in the world of work, learning loss and amplified mental health challenges — it is into this maelstrom that new college and university provosts assume their role.
Through EAB’s New Provosts Intensive, we hope to support your successful transition by providing a data-rich and research-informed exploration of key dimensions across the provostship (and how they’ve changed across COVID), creating a community of fellow leaders and highlighting resources for on-going support.
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in our 2021 New Provosts Intensive. Please note that there is no fee to participate, however, we do ask that you commit to attend at least 5 of the 6 sessions so that we may preserve the integrity and value of the cohort experience for all. All sessions are virtual.
These sessions are limited to Provosts. Registration for the intensive is limited to one attendee per institution.
Session One: The Changing Landscape of Higher Education Post-COVID
Thursday, July 8, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Welcome and Brief Introductions
- How COVID-19 has Impacted Higher Education and What That Means for Institutional and Leadership Imperatives Moving Forward
- What 180 Provosts Shared About Effectively Organizing the Academic Leadership for the Future
Session Two: New Imperatives for Student Success
Thursday, July 15, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- What We’ve Learned About Student Success and Retention Efforts During COVID
- Key Areas of Strategic Investment to Address Student Mental Health(and Well-Being) Needs
- Best Practices in Addressing the Equity Issues That COVID Has Exacerbated
Session Three: The New World of Undergraduate Enrollment
Thursday, July 22, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Why the Next Ten Years of Recruiting and Enrollment Management Will Look Nothing Like the Past Ten
- What Every Provost Needs to Understand About Enrollment
- Inside the Minds of Gen Z
Session Four: Engaging Faculty in Addressing the New Financial Reality
Thursday, July 29, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Identifying and Realizing Academic Efficiencies
- Assessing the Academic Program Portfolio
- Launching New Programs to Reach New Students
Session Five: Higher Education’s DEIJ Moment
Thursday, August 5, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Moving Beyond Statements to Action
- Galvanizing Campus Constituencies Around the Work, Not Just the Aspiration
- Improving and Sustaining Faculty Diversity
Session Six: Growth Opportunities in Professional, Adult and Online Education
Thursday, August 12, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Unpacking Opportunities and Challenges to Serving the Adult Learner
- Understanding Competitive Market Dynamics
- Assessing the Threat of Potential Disruptors
Beyond the six summer sessions of the New Provosts Intensive, EAB will convene the 2021 New Provosts class for future discussions across the year.
Potential topics will be chosen by participants and may include:
- The future of work and learning
- Lessons in shared governance during times of dramatic change
- The promise and perils of employer partnerships
ExpertsMore on Our Experts
Chief Partner Officer