These reports provide a snapshot of the competitive landscape for master’s degrees in each state or region.
The Master’s Market Competitive Intelligence Reports bring together insight about market size and competition to show where the growth potential is in each state and region. More than data alone, these reports offer discussion questions and recommendations for how to use this market intelligence.
Launching a New Program
The report can identify potential opportunities to launch new master’s programs. Keep a look out for:
- A top-10 program in your state or region that your institution doesn’t have a program in
- A program with a strong growth trajectory over the last 5 years
- Fields with market share still open for a new program to compete in
Revitalizing a Promising Program
These data can help you identify which of your programs need to be reworked to succeed. Look for:
- A program in which your institution confers below the median conferrals
- Your institution’s program’s growth rate lagging behind the average state or regional growth rate
- Low-conferring programs in fields with low market concentration
Capitalizing on a Successful Program
Similarly, the report can help you identify which of your programs are competing well in your local market. Here’s how to know:
- A program in your portfolio that confers above the median number of conferrals
- A program in your portfolio that has grown at a faster rate than the state or regional average
Sunsetting an Underperforming Program
Finally, this report can identify which of your programs may not be worth revitalizing. Look for:
- A program in your portfolio that confers significantly fewer degrees than the median
- A program in your portfolio that has declined over the last five years, especially if the average program has grown
- If you are not listed as top competitor for a program field that is already full of strong contenders taking up most of the market share
Master’s Market State Competitive Intelligence Reports
Click on your state below to see median master’s program size, growth trajectory, and market concentration. Some smaller-population states have been combined within their region for more robust analysis.
Master’s Market Regional Competitive Intelligence Reports
Click on your region below to see median master’s program size, growth trajectory, and market concentration.