About the event
Purpose: The EAB Presidential Experience Lab immerses participants in out-of-sector perspectives through insider experiences at corporate innovators and facilitated workshops with industry experts. Last year’s Inaugural Experience Lab took Presidents to Zappos to discuss what higher ed could learn about customer service from a leading online retailer. In January 2020, presidential attendees will travel to Silicon Valley to LinkedIn Headquarters and San José State University to discuss the future of work.
Date: January 30-31, 2020
Attendees: This event is limited to college and university presidents only (click here to see the attendee list)
Rising generations of students will hold upwards of 30 jobs across the course of their lifetimes. This, paired with the growing pace of technological change, has provoked urgent questions from college and university presidents:
- What can we do to prepare students for the jobs of the future?
- How must we evolve to partner with students throughout their lives and careers, not just through individual degrees?
Given LinkedIn’s industry leadership in professional networks and recruitment, EAB is convening a select group of forward-thinking presidents at LinkedIn Headquarters and San José State University’s campus to envision bold new ways higher ed can build and credential the workforce of the future.
Fairmont San Jose
170 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
$309/Single or Double
Please make reservations by January 8, 2020
Reservations: 1-800-346-5550 or book online here
Please mention: EAB
Day 1: LinkedIn Headquarters
Sunnyvale, CA, 11:30am start
- Private group tour of headquarters
- Behind-the-scenes look at LinkedIn’s ecosystem and future roadmap with LinkedIn Executive Team
- Perspectives on the future of work from the Economic Graph, LinkedIn’s digital representation of the global economy
- Showcase of how LinkedIn is engaging the ever-changing workforce
- Overview of LinkedIn & SJSU’s Data Project Initiative
- Facilitated small-group discussion session with EAB experts
Day 2: San José State University
San José, CA, 1:00pm adjournment
- EAB Expert Perspective: Reflection on translating out-of-sector lessons to higher education
- Case study of innovative partnership between LinkedIn and SJSU that reimagines higher education workforce development
- Career development pathways that enable students to build portfolios tailored to high-profile companies and specific jobs
- Using Skills Match Index and LinkedIn Talent Insights data to boost student career outcomes
- How self-empowerment on the LinkedIn platform drives student success
- When: Thursday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m.
- Where: The Sea by Alexander’s Steakhouse (4269 W El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306)
- RSVP here