Partner Development Representative
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Partner Development Representative
The Partner Development organization develops and executes innovative sales and marketing strategies to generate new business opportunities for EAB. As a key member of the team, the Partner Development Representative (PDR) is responsible for initiating relationships with prospective partners and optimizing team interactions. PDRs do this by identifying education executives who may benefit from EAB’s products and services, leveraging all resources to connect with qualified leads, and scheduling meetings for Partner Development Executives (PDEs) to meet and further advance those perspective relationships. PDRs can expect to develop deep knowledge in the education industry and EAB’s services, as well as build skills to related to commercial practices.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Schedule sales meetings for PDEs to meet with prospective partners, working towards weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
- Leverage all available resources – such as Salesforce, external sources (e.g. social media, news alerts, etc.), and predictive modeling tools – to strategically identify and contact education executives and organizations
- Communicate with current and prospective partners via cold calling, email and social media
- Create and execute strategic outreach plans to support new business acquisition goals
- Follow up with inbound EAB leads within designated time periods
- Maintain and update prospect records in Salesforce; update Salesforce with relevant research and scheduling information
- Participate in regular PDR training and coaching sessions to hone demand generation skills
- Attend Partner Development organization team meetings and territory strategy sessions
- Learn EAB product content and research
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented nature
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Must possess at least three of the following:
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Leadership experience
- Proven ability to meet or exceed a quantitative goal
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade by email and phone with executives
- Demonstrates poise, maturity, and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Experience with Salesforce
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.Apply Now