Senior Analyst, Business Strategy & Operations
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partners but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Senior Analyst ("Associate Director"), Pricing and Contracts
Commercial Strategy & Operations is seeking an Associate Director with excellent project management, communication and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strong operational performance, experience in quantitative analysis to support the firm’s pricing strategy and contract term compliance, and an aptitude for some staff management. He or she will also have experience with commercial strategy and negotiations in order to support revenue maximization. Additionally, this candidate will have an outstanding service ethic and be comfortable tackling specific problems by applying a general strategic framework.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Works in fast paced commercial environment with key stakeholders in developing price and contract strategies that optimize revenue and win probability, including competitive pricing intelligence
- Manages routine to complex analyses of sales and profitability data to make recommendations to key executives and execute on projects to advance the firm’s strategic initiatives and growth aspirations
- Models, analyzes, and proposes goals and incentives for revenue generating and service delivery staff
- Works with I.T. team and other key stakeholders to ensure integrity of customer relationship management (CRM) database; becomes internal expert in Salesforce CPQ contract system and process to make improvements and facilitate training and utilization by commercial team
- Project manages key initiatives as they relate to pricing strategy, contract compliance, or cross-departmental commercial negotiations
- Consistently looks for opportunities to innovate across the organization
- Responsible for revenue booking and tracking; coordinates with Finance to ensure accuracy of financial records to be shared with external stakeholders; may include management of commercial strategy and/or revenue booking team members
- Supports select deal strategy and customer calls, providing guidance around pricing and contract strategy
The Associate Director position requires strong project management and planning skills. He or she must set his or her own deadlines and milestones for projects to ensure that work is completed in the expected time frame. The Director must also demonstrate essential skills of the strategy and operations group:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4+ years work experience in sales, finance, or business strategy and operations
- Experience in quantitative and financial analysis with strong Excel capabilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a matrixed team environment
- Able to work under tight timelines and reprioritize work as needed
- Ability to formulate and deliver clearly complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentation to senior management
- Strong internal firm and external partner service ethic
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
- Ability to work as an influencer and team player with sales and finance executives
- Direct experience in a commercial client-facing role (sales, account management)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Salesforce CPQ
- Staff management experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.