Senior Data Engineer (ETL)
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,600+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of partner organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our partners but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Senior Data Engineer (ETL)
Keywords: Talend ETL, SQL, Postgres, AWS
Be part of a rapidly growing company serving the higher education industry with innovative marketing strategies, data-driven analysis, and comprehensive thought leadership. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in building our leading-edge marketing platform and drive the connections between complex data entities and underlying systems. In this role, you will be responsible for creating new products, improving existing products, and play a hands-on role in delivering products in rapid and dynamic environment.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Design, develop, and implement advanced ETL pipelines that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to users using a variety of ETL tools and programming languages.
- Facilitate cross-functional data-integration efforts upstream and downstream
- Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes, and design data audits to capture issues
- Extract data from multiple sources, and integrate them into a target database, application, or file using efficient programming processes.
- Implement and deploy solutions in a CI/CD pipeline
- Write and refine code to ensure performance and reliability of data extraction and processing.
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including product managers, application developers, business users.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with product managers and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests.
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources to debug code and ensure the timely delivery of products.
- Some of our technologies might include: Talend as well as various datastores such as Postgres SQL, S3, Aurora and AWS services.
- Producing documentation for technical and business users
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience on data management and building data pipelines
- 2+ years of experience on object-oriented programming
- 3+ years of experience in software development and Data Warehousing using ETL tools like Talend/Informatica/Ab initio/Data Stage
- 1+ years of experience developing and deploying applications in AWS or any cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience with open source technologies
- 2+ years of experience creating automated solutions
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.Apply Now