Analyst, Strategy & New Ventures
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partners but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Analyst, Strategy & New Ventures
Strategy & New Ventures (SNV) is responsible for defining the firm’s growth strategy and developing new products and services—organically or via partnerships and acquisitions. In helping to fuel the growth engine of a fast-growing company, the department enjoys close partnership with EAB’s executive team as well as key division leaders across the firm. You will be given unparalleled access to the executives of leading higher education institutions and industry-leading marketing capabilities. This position offers motivated, entrepreneurial candidates a rare opportunity to quickly effect systemic change across the higher education industry.
This role is aligned with our team focused on EAB’s Enrollment Services business unit, the market leading provider of student recruitment and university growth services. The Analyst will have unique opportunity to support workstreams across multiple diverse areas of strategic focus – 1) pan-business strategic planning (long-range growth forecasting, portfolio-level investment planning), 2) in-business innovation (long-term roadmap development, commercial positioning), 3) net new business launches (adjacent markets, new platforms), and 4) partnerships and mergers & acquisitions. This position has extensive executive-level visibility, and is based in either Washington, DC or Richmond, VA.
- Identify and size potential market opportunities
- Conduct rigorous testing
- Assess competitive pressures
- Develop pro forma financial analyses
- Support product scoping and development, including building wireframes and concepts
- Maintain project documentation, including interview notes and source libraries
- Develop internal and market-facing PowerPoint presentations
- Support initial sales and implementation activities
- Support initial product delivery
The Analyst will also support development and refinement of the business’s overall growth strategy:
- Conduct strategic analyses to determine attractive product development and business development terrains
- Expand the firm’s knowledge base in emerging terrains
- Consistently develop and evaluate new business opportunities/ideas/potential partner companies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Experience communicating with an executive-level audience
- Demonstrated experience using PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel in a professional setting
- Attention to detail and consistent track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to take initiative
- Validated ability to boil down extensive research findings into relevant insights
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and defining team deadlines
- Validated ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience crafting a business plan, starting a business, or working in a start-up environment
- Prior experience in the education sector
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.Apply Now