Senior Digital Marketing Strategy Analyst
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Digital Marketing Strategy Analyst
The Senior Digital Marketing Analyst discovers, analyzes, and communicates optimal digital marketing strategies that accelerate results for all partners. The analyst’s deep knowledge of Enrollment Services direct marketing campaigns, identification of program successes and opportunities, and discovery of recruitment trends by analyzing results across all our higher education partners ensure that best practice strategies are applied to every campaign. The Senior Digital Marketing Analyst is central to the Direct Marketing Analytics team mission to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
Digital Marketing Analysis and Strategy:
- Lead cross-client marketing analyses and campaign optimization recommendations in support of Marketing leadership and Account Services teams.
- Analyze the ongoing performance of digital marketing campaigns - including changes in partner outcomes, as well as the impact of these campaigns on targeted segments of the high school population.
- Pursue growth in understanding and capabilities of web analytics, including Google Analytics
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting for learning agenda and other marketing initiatives as needed.
- Communicate findings through case studies and other presentations.
Data Mining and Visualization:
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research.
- Lead research, trend discovery, and other data mining projects that drive deeper understanding of digital marketing in the higher-education recruitment space, as well as EAB’s ability to influence the decisions of student segments.
- Create new data visualizations to help the organization understand the analytic results.
Other Analytical Support:
- Design and promote improvements to reporting and data capabilities that will enhance corporate visibility into program performance and systematic identification of opportunities that improve partner outcomes.
- Advise stakeholders on technical implementation requirements for new analytics capabilities
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure integrity and utility of display advertising and web analytics datasets.
- Develop a thorough understanding of higher-education enrollment funnel and how digital marketing contributes to the success of our partners’ recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, or quantitative field required
- 3+ years experience performing digital marketing and web analysis to generate insightful findings required
- Subject matter expertise in display advertising, social media platforms, and web analytics (Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Exceptional analytic skills with a focus on converting analysis into strategy
- Flexibility and attitude to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment with multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to articulate findings and strategies effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to collaborate with diverse functional areas to successfully complete projects
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and a desire to own projects from inception to presentation
- Proficiency in standard business applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Science, or other quantitative field a strong plus
- 3+ years experience in direct marketing, higher education, or fundraising (preferred)
- Google Adwords and Google Analytics certifications (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency using SQL, Python, R or other query tools/languages to perform data manipulation, with a working knowledge of databases
- Proficiency developing reports for internal and partner audiences that utilize effective visualization techniques and highlight compelling insights
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.Apply Now