Partner Development Executive, Enrollment Services (Selectives)
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Partner Development Executive, Enrollment Services (Selectives)
EAB’s Enrollment Services division is currently seeking a Partner Development Executive to develop relationships and secure engagements with selective colleges and universities that can meaningfully benefit from the company’s Undergraduate Enrollment Services, Transfer Portal, Pipeline Analytics, and Financial Aid Optimization offerings. Specifically, this Partner Development Executive will be responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers within elite and otherwise selective higher education institutions focused on achieving enrollment goals related to volume, diversity, and strategic inflections to the composition of the applicant pool and student body.
At EAB, we hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts – people who are comfortable listening to our clients and then mapping their problems to our solutions. As our ambassadors and connectors, Partner Development Executives are pivotal to the growth of our firm. As a Partner Development Executive, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new partners. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment.
When you work at EAB in our Enrollment Services segment, you’ll be making a difference. While our business mission is to help our partner institutions raise funds and increase or inflect their undergrad/grad student applications, our greater mission is to connect talented students with great colleges. Our people care about doing their best, and our collaborative environment is energizing and rewarding. You’ll be part of a work environment where your voice counts and even small ideas can lead to big opportunities.
There is a strong preference for this role to be based in Richmond, VA. Highly qualified applicants in Washington, D.C. or who would be based remotely may also be considered.
- Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory of the 150 most selective colleges and universities in the country; acquire new partners successfully and negotiate to expand memberships for existing partners
- Build relationships by meeting with provosts, deans, directors of enrollment/admissions, and other academic leaders to discuss their strategic and operational challenges, present best practice solutions and effectively sell the vision of their capabilities
- Conduct onsite presentations, including technical demonstrations, to educate prospective partners on our services
- Meet annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Work with other sales, marketing and delivery team members to drive increased revenue within an assigned portfolio of higher education institutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Leverage existing products and advise on new products to serve selective institutions as they look to shape their class and meet their needs as related to diversity, academic excellence, etc.
- Provide insights from partner development visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Indirectly manage team members to goals, providing formal feedback and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proven commercial experience demonstrating successful ownership over a personal revenue target
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to negotiate and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 50%
- Valid driver’s license
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years’ full-time experience in at least three of the following:
- Higher education enrollment or admissions
- Experience delivering client presentations and facilitating discussions
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Teaching experience breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Client Partnership experience
- Master’s or PhD from an accredited college/university
- Experience working within a college or university enrollment or admission office, or deep understanding of the processes, challenges, and opportunities within higher education enrollment
- Experience working with highly selective institutions of higher education, preferably within enrollment
- Desire to achieve success in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future value proposition of a product or service
- Experience selling software or consultative services, ideally in the higher education sector
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quota and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to indirectly manage a Sales Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative sales experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.Apply Now