Associate Software Engineer
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Software Engineer
Opportunity based in Washington, D.C.
- Working with product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implementing solutions including code development and database design
- Ensuring high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and contributing to the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Assist operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issue
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in technical field
- Ability to work with engineers and product management teams in requirements definition, design, and development of software products
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Software design experience leveraging object-oriented patterns, SOLID, TDD, and other modern software engineering principles
- Knowledge of developing scalable and performant applications
- Flexibility to work across a variety of software-related disciplines: solution design, agile development, unit testing, refactoring, and build/deployment automation
- Experience with design and development of database applications using ORM frameworks and SQL
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.