At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Production Specialist, Mailing Services
The Production Manager primarily supports the Director, Mailing Services by overseeing Mail Shop, Data Entry and fulfillment production, along with vendor relations. This position works in a highly interdependent team environment where the coordination of effort to meet team performance and achieve client satisfaction is the primary focus.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
Mailing Services Operations:
· Accountable for day-to-day operations of mail production, including production activity with internal partners and external vendors, to ensure quality and timely mail production for partners
· Address quality and production issues with a sense of urgency; coordinate research and resolution of each issue and communication of the resolution to affected parties
· Build strong relationships with internal customers, seek customer feedback through formal and informal processes and utilize customer feedback to evaluate operational success and to initiate process or service improvements
· Manage information flow and respond promptly as necessary
· Inform, educate, and train partnering departments about mail shop processes to ensure understanding of requirements
· Support the Director, Mailing Services by anticipating and solving production-related problems
· Support Mailing Services and Production Managers by assisting with production schedule follow-up, inventory receipt and tracking, postage routing and reconciliation, change orders, and organizational/administrative tasks as needed
· Build purchase orders for Mail Shop Vendors per project
· Support the Production Department with assigning and monitoring mail shop production work for various mail shop vendors based on factors such as anticipated cost, standards of quality and project history
· Maintain project information and mail shop assignment tracking tools
· Build professional and cooperative relationships with our mail shop and data entry vendors
Project Manager Support:
· Support Project Managers by ensuring questions are answered and solutions are provided
· Assist with updating internal process documents as needed
· Assure appropriate updates are completed per project
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested
· Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects
· Light physical effort required; must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
· Associate's Degree
· 1-2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced production, processing or services environment
· Basic understanding Microsoft product
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Ability to work efficiently, independently and tactfully in a demanding, fast-paced environment
· Uses initiative to deliver quality results
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.