Entry-Level Events Coordinator
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Event Coordinator, Events
The Events Department is seeking applicants interested in the position of Event Coordinator.
The Events Department is responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution of 130+ partner and prospect events annually. Events supported by the Coordinator include national meeting series, small executive-level roundtables, tradeshows, and large-scale summits. Additionally, the department offers planning support to firm-wide events such as the firm’s annual meeting, Take Our Children to Work Day, and incentive trips, among others.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Collaborate with program teams and event manager in developing event strategy
- Manage hotel room blocks including reporting weekly pick-up numbers to the Events team, assisting attendees with hotel related questions, and mitigating attrition
- Identify staff needs for events and recruit individuals from across the firm to support the event manager on-site
- Create and send strategic event communications to registered attendees; working closely with the event manager, web team, account management, and marketing to develop a communication plan for each event
- Uphold the firm’s high service ethic, training staff on event protocols and service standard
- Manage supplies for each event, ensuring supplies are ordered, shipped, and tracked
- Assist in the collection, review and analysis of historical meeting data (attendance, room block pick up etc.) in order to predict future trends
- Assist partners with logistical questions for upcoming meetings
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Manage the inventory and ordering of all event related supplies inclusive of tradeshow equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Internal candidates must be able to demonstrate a record of achievement throughout EAB tenure
- Excellent academic record
- Customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.