Senior Director, EAB Seramount
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner (client) institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, EAB Seramount
EAB Seramount is a strategic business dedicated to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) in the workplace.
We serve forward thinking organizations with integrated tools that provide a strategic and holistic map for setting new standards for workplace culture. Over the past four decades we’ve built deep, data-powered intelligence on the employee experience, which allows us to address specific client workplace challenges related to DE&I. We excel in serving as our clients’ go to partner in developing and progressing their diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies. Our business is in growth mode and offers the right person the opportunity to be part of a diverse, dynamic, creative, and highly skilled team partnering with leading companies to advance more inclusive corporate cultures.
We are hiring a Senior Director to serve as a diversity, equity, and inclusion subject matter expert. The Senior Director will serve as a trusted, primary point of contact and subject matter expert for client advisory, inquiries, research requests and communications. This position will work cross-functionally to help our clients achieve their DE&I objectives. This role leverages research, experience and insights to meet and exceed clients’ expectations to help increase client acquisition, renewal and retention.
This is a remote position, available to candidates based in the U.S.
- DE&I Mastery: Serve and position role as subject matter expert on DE&I practices. This includes conducting client calls on DE&I related inquiries, providing practitioner consulting on development and execution of strategy. Positioning as a ‘trusted extension of our clients’ teams’ and build valuable and trusted relationships with key decision makers and leaders of client organizations (Chief Diversity Officers, Chief Human Resource Officers, and Executive Leadership). This candidate will manage Seramount's (now part of EAB) Diversity Best Practices (DBP) membership advisory relationships
- Content Delivery and Facilitation: Work directly with clients to provide learning and upskilling, showcase best practices, SME presentations and essential conversations and dialogue both for the benefit of the clients and in support of EAB Seramount events and conferences.
- Advisory Service Delivery: Provide guidance and direction to members so they leverage the value of their membership fulfilling member inquiries in a timely manner, utilize our extensive research to answer research questions paired with your subject matter expertise to guide decision making. Encourage member usage of solutions, services and attendance at EAB Seramount events.
- Entrepreneurial and Business Mindset: Collaborate with sales and marketing to secure both annual renewal of members and new prospective members.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional work experience in either direct partnership with corporate stakeholders and/or in DE&I.
- Concrete understanding of DE&I and its correlation to implementing significant organizational impact in the workforce, workplace and marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Utilize both research and insights to deliver recommendations and solutions to our clients.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Highly detail‐oriented, organized, able to multi‐task, follow through and work independently as well as within a highly collaborative team structure.
- Demonstrated ownership of and accountability towards business goals.
- Demonstrated consultative approach and commitment to our clients’ success
- Experience preparing workshops and formal presentations to our clients.
- Thoughtful, creative, and proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communications
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- MBA, MA/MS or other advanced degree in a relevant field and/or SPHR, SHRM-SCP is a plus but not required.
- 10+ years of experience leading DE&I, Learning & Development Human Resources, organizational development and effectiveness, or talent development strategy.
- Ability to analyze HR data as it relates to workplace representation, talent acquisition, recruitment and advancement, and other DE&I initiatives and craft advisory and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Utilize your own diverse experiences to influence your positioning on topics in DE&I to generate buy-in and build relationships.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
- Employee Resource Groups
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.