Graphic Designer, EAB Seramount
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
…Obsess about typography and branding?
…Want to create compelling, innovative designs to push a mission-driven brand forward?
…Enjoy collaborating with creatives to learn from and inspire each another?
EAB is looking for a talented, driven, and passionate creative to join the Design Strategies and Solutions team.
Design Strategies and Solutions is an award winning in-house creative agency, winning 12 external industry awards last year in event branding, packaging, motion design, and video to name a few. They are passionate about design and are constantly testing new ideas, learning new techniques, and bouncing ideas off each other. DSS is the powerhouse that develops strategic creative to increase brand awareness, generate demand, create brand experiences, and bring both EAB’s and Seramount’s (newly acquired part of EAB) story to life.
This opportunity has a preferred location of Washington, DC and is open to remote work for exceptional candidates.
- Create print materials for a variety of project types: brochures, invitations, infographic posters, research reports, tradeshows, etc.
- Create wide range of digital graphics: icons, web graphics, advertising, email, social media, etc.
- Conceptualize, create, and implement branding for events and campaigns that span across print and digital collateral
- Create, edit, and/or provide design consultation for internal and external presentations
- Interpret and present complicated concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner
- Design and execute projects while ensuring brand guidelines are followed and visual communication standards are met
- Contribute and execute innovative ideas pushing our brand forward
- Work closely with client and design team to ensure final design meets project’s goal
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in person and virtually (email, phone, video conference)
- Coordinate the day-to-day production of each project to meet all deadlines
- Work independently and autonomously while within a team environment
- Learn new software techniques, skills, and tools as department expands design offerings
- Online portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience working in graphic design (includes internships, pro bono, on-campus jobs)
- Expert proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Passion to learn, innovate, inspire, and have fun doing so!
- Experience using After Effects for basic animations, titling, and GIFs
- Create motion graphics that effectively communicate a message using design concepts and motion
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
· Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
· Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
· Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
· Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.