Stepping into a new role is a professional challenge under normal circumstances. Add to that the myriad considerations that come with the past couple of years (COVID-19 disruptions, faculty and staff burnout, and increasing financial pressures), and the transition can be particularly daunting. EAB is pleased to host our New Executive Intensives, designed to support successful leadership transitions across higher education. The first series for presidents and provosts was held in the summer of 2020 and expanded to support additional institutional leaders in 2021. To date, more than 300 executives have participated.
The New Executive Intensives is a series of weekly virtual sessions focusing on key priorities contextualized by EAB’s deep research and data with separate tracks for presidents, provosts and VPEMs. The discussions are facilitated by EAB subject matter experts and thought-leaders and include special guest speakers, such as current and past industry leaders.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participants should be entering or recently entered their first appointment of the following roles:
- Vice President of Enrollment
Participants should expect to dedicate approximately two hours per week during the six-week intensive.
Sample session topics
Strategy and Leadership in a Post-COVID World
- Why strategic planning rarely equals strategy
- What it means to lead through and beyond a crisis
- Real-life leadership lessons from peers
Evaluating Your Team
- How will organizational structure and campus culture help or hinder your efforts?
- Promoting a culture of expectations, responsibility, and accountability
Higher Education's DEIJ Moment
- Moving beyond statements to action
- Galvanizing campus constituencies around the work, not just the aspiration
- Improving and sustaining faculty diversity
What the Class of 2021 said they most valued about the New Executive Intensives
Presenters and special guests
Featured past guest speakers
Interested in participating in a future class?
To learn more about our intensives and when the next cohort begins, contact Omar Wyne at email@example.com.