About Our Past Event
In today’s competitive labor market, many institutions struggle to find high-quality external candidates but overlook opportunities to tap into internal candidates. Investing in internal staff career development and advancement can bolster short- and long-term recruitment and retention efforts. In fact, current higher education employees are less satisfied with their future career opportunities than pay, yet few universities prioritize career initiatives for internal staff.
- 75% of promoted employees will stay for 3+ years at the organization
- 29% of higher education employees agree that they have opportunities for advancement
This roundtable event focused on the financial, organizational, and strategic benefits of investing in internal career advancement. Attendees learned how their competitors prioritize and develop internal talent, understand the key design features of career mobility strategies, and bring lessons back to their own institution.
This session taught how to:
- Garner cabinet understanding and support for the financial and retention benefits reaped by developing and advancing internal staff.
- How to build a stronger internal pipeline and source the best talent already on campus.
- Prioritize internal mobility tactics to invest in based on institution-specific pain points, talent needs, and organizational goals.
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time