Podcasts are booming, and higher ed podcasts are no exception.
We rounded up ten of our favorite higher ed podcasts that capture some of the most pressing issues facing today’s institutions.
Each podcast has a different focus, from enrollment marketing strategies to IT & tech to student-centricity. Read on for our picks and a brief synopsis of each show!
The Best Higher Ed Podcasts For 2023
- Office Hours: EAB’s in-house podcast features compelling conversations with higher ed leaders in enrollment, institutional research, and financial aid, as well as discussions with EAB’s deep bench of experts. Gain expert peer advice about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, admissions strategies, and online education.
- THE KEY with Inside Higher Ed: Focusing on newsmakers within the higher ed sector, THE KEY showcases how colleges and universities are addressing the impact of COVID, the recession, and more.
- Enrollify: Host Zach Busekrus brings energy and enthusiasm to his conversations with enrollment marketing professionals on topics like parent engagement strategies and DEI marketing gaps.
- The Wonkhe Show: Wonkhe, based in the UK, is self-described as the home of higher education debate. In addition to their blogs, email briefings, and events, The Wonkhe Show will keep you up to date about issues critical to higher education in the UK.
- dotEDU: From student loan forgiveness to federal funding, the American Council on Education offers insight from higher ed leaders and public policy experts to keep you abreast of developments on major public policy issues impacting college campuses and students.
- The EdUP Experience: Elvin Freytes and Dr. Joe Sallustio, two professionals with extensive higher ed experience, interview university leaders about topics from Ed-Tech to Institutional Strategy, making dry and complicated educational topics more fun and engaging to discuss.
- Higher Ed: Rewired: California State University produces this student-success-centric show featuring experts from inside and outside the CSU system. Recent episodes include conversations about the student housing crisis and redefining the value of the college degree.
- Teaching in Higher Ed: In this faculty-focused higher ed podcast, join host Bonni Stachowiak as she dives into discussions with fellow instructors on inclusive instruction techniques, combating burnout, and the implications of technology in higher ed pedagogy.
- EDUCAUSE & The Integrative CIO: With a focus on people in technology—not about technology itself—EDUCAUSE & The Integrative CIO features a rotating panel of higher ed IT experts weighing in on topics like professional and organizational development, building your personal brand, and DEI.
- Future U: Two experienced journalists and best-selling authors interview some of the most knowledgeable and compelling thought-leaders in higher ed, discussing future developments and the impact of trends on the higher ed landscape.