Podcasts are booming, and higher ed podcasts are no exception.
We rounded up ten of our favorite higher ed podcasts that capture some of the most pressing issues facing today’s institutions.
Each podcast has a different focus, from enrollment marketing strategies to IT & tech to student-centricity. Read on for our picks and a brief synopsis of each show!
The Best Higher Ed Podcasts For 2022
1. EDUCAUSE Exchange: With a focus on IT and data issues, EDUCAUSE Exchange features a rotating panel of higher ed IT and analytics experts weighing in on topics like Tech Accessibility, DE&I in IT, and Cybersecurity.
2. Office Hours: EAB’s in-house podcast features compelling conversations with higher ed leaders in enrollment, institutional research, and financial aid, as well as discussions with EAB’s deep bench of experts. Gain expert peer advice about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, admissions strategies, and online education.
3. Compact Nation Podcast: Campus leaders, artists, and activists weigh in on democracy and civic engagement in the context of higher ed.
4. Enrollify: Host Zach Busekrus brings energy and enthusiasm to his conversations with Enrollment Marketing professionals on topics like Search Engine Optimization and Inbound Marketing strategy.
5. ACE’S dotEDU Podcast: From student loan forgiveness to federal funding, the American Council on Education offers insight from higher ed leaders and public policy experts to keep you abreast of developments.
6. The Key: Inside Higher Ed’s produces several higher ed podcasts. The Key features a broad range of higher ed issues and research, from improving cross-college collaboration to the adult learner experience.
7. EdUP Experience: Elvin Freytes and Dr. Joe Sallustio, two professionals with extensive higher ed experience, interview university leaders about topics from Ed-Tech to Institutional Strategy.
8. Higher Ed: Rewired: California State University produces this student-success-centric show featuring experts from inside and outside the CSU system. Recent episodes include conversations about The Great Resignation and the student mental health crisis.
9. Teaching in Higher Ed: In this faculty-focused higher ed podcast, join host Bonni Stachowiak as she dives into discussions with fellow instructors on inclusive instruction techniques, combating burnout, and the implications of technology in higher ed pedagogy.
10. Future U podcast: Two experienced journalists profile newsmakers in higher ed, discussing future developments and the impact of trends on the higher ed landscape.