About the Webinar
Watch the on-demand webinar on our YouTube channel.
Many data projects hit a real slowdown when it comes to a need for processing text data. Multi-key fields often need to be parsed, code values might need to be translated, manual entry might have introduced typos, or maybe you only need the first letter out of the whole string (another word for text data). The fix might seem easier to do by hand but scaling up a manual fix to include thousands of rows isn’t feasible. Even so, it may seem insurmountable to create a systematic process to parse, clean, substitute, or otherwise transform the text you need to analyze.
In this webinar, expect to learn how Construct can:
- Parse out multi-key fields (e.g., “AARN, 20FA, “)
- Replace values within strings at multiple levels of precision
- Account for typos in manual entry fields (e.g., “main street” vs. “main st.”)
- Shorten or lengthen values (e.g., adding or removing leading zeroes)
- Extract subfields from strings dynamically
This webinar will help you leverage Construct towards scalable text transformations on your data. We’re not assuming any background experience with text manipulations, so come as you are, and find out how you can expertly manipulate strings.