- Events /
Special Joint Session for Provosts and Chief Research Officers
Please join us in Washington, DC this April for a unique two-day meeting that will bring together Provosts and Chief Research Officers in a cross-silo conversation on the research enterprise. We’ll explore the implications of achieving and maintaining a robust research enterprise, including lessons in hiring “superstar” research faculty and the impacts of AI on the research landscape. Provosts who attend this roundtable will also discuss our latest student success and career development insights on day two, while chief research officers will learn strategies for effective shared governance.
Note: For travel planning purposes, the meeting will commence at 12:00 p.m. on the first day and adjourn at 12:00 p.m. on the second day.
This session is limited to Provosts, Chief Research Officers, and Vice Presidents, Research. Registration for this session is limited to two attendees per institution.
- April 24-25, 2024
April 24-25, 2024
2445 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Fairmont Washington, DC Georgetown
2401 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
$329/Deluxe King and Doubles
Please make reservations by April 2, 2024.
Mention EAB20423 EAB 2024 Roundtable for Provosts to access our preferred rate or book online here.
Please make your reservation at your earliest convenience, as space and rates are subject to availability. For alternative hotel information, contact us at [email protected].
- We’ll provide an inside look at what it takes to compete for superstar faculty, including start-up packages, the next generation of lab spaces, interdisciplinary roles, and where-are-they-now analysis of faculty poached by corporate competitors.
- We’ll give a sneak peek at our latest work on how to contain ever-rising academic costs through innovative instructional models, nimble organizational design, and next-level curricular efficiency.
- We’ll facilitate provocative discussion fueled by our ongoing analysis of generative AI: both its disruption to classroom pedagogy and its transformative potential for the research enterprise. We’ll also share a practical playbook for upskilling faculty and the smart integration of AI into faculty research and teaching.
- Reckoning with Relevance: 2023 State of the Sector
- Recruiting Faculty Superstars: What it Takes to Attract Top Research Talent
- New Approaches to Manage Academic Costs in an Era of Budget Cuts and Structural Deficits
- Preparing for the AI Revolution
- Provost Track
- The Changing Landscape for Academic Advising: Strategies to Serve Emerging Gen Z Expectations and Needs
- Reclaiming the ROI Narrative: 3 Critical Career Development Investments to Make Your Institution Distinctive
- CRO Track
- Shared Governance 2.0: Reinvigorating Leadership and Institutional Agility in the Post-Pandemic Era