The pandemic has cemented the importance of reorienting student success around holistic student needs. To achieve this, many institutions are turning to digital transformation, or the use of data and technology to drive disruptive change.
Digital transformation relies on the application of new technologies to solve existing problems. To help college and university leaders better understand the concept of digital transformation—and learn how other institutions are tackling their biggest student success challenges—our experts compiled a list of thought leaders to read, listen to, and follow today.
Articles and quick reads—high-level concepts with lasting impact
- When higher ed leaders change their thinking about digital transformation, here's what can happen
- Reflections on The Agile College and what it means for student success in the 2020s
- It’s about innovation, not disruption: Why digital transformation looks different for higher ed
- Creating an education for industry 4.0
- Sustaining student-centric innovation: A roadmap for the digital transformation ahead
- What it means to treat students as consumers of higher ed
- Digital innovation requires digital leadership. Here are 3 principles for success.
Books—for your individual and book club reading lists
- Robot-Proof: Higher Education in the Age of Artificial Intelligence, by Joseph E. Aoun
- College Disrupted: The Great Unbundling of Higher Education, by Ryan Craig
- Disrupt This! MOOCS and the Promises of Technology, by Karen Head
- Enterprise Architecture as Strategy: Creating a Foundation for Business Execution, by David Robertson, Jeanne W. Ross, and Peter Weill
Podcasts—for your walks, workouts, and lunch breaks
- How to combat ‘digital sprawl’ on your campus (Office Hours with EAB)
- Why virtual advising is here to stay (Office Hours with EAB)
Thought leaders and social media accounts—for your continued learning
Want our latest insights delivered directly to your inbox?
Subscribe to the EAB newsletter