Create Your IT Strategic Plan
For most institutions, IT is a bolt-on consideration in strategic planning—if it even makes an appearance at all. IT strategic planning fills the gap, ensuring that IT efforts are organized to maximize contribution to institutional strategic goals. An IT strategic plan documents and communicates the outputs of this process and provides a pathway forward for the CIO’s team: the IT organization’s vision, mission, and strategic goals and objectives.
- 1. What to consider before starting an IT strategic plan
- 2. How to enlist stakeholder support
- 3. How to conduct a SWOT analysis for the IT organization
- 4. How to identify IT’s role in institutional goals and objectives
- 5. How to distill your analysis into IT strategic goals and objectives
- 6. What to include in your IT strategic plan document