AASCU's First Symposium of 2021
The current and future state of higher education amid a pandemic
Higher Ed Presidents, AASCU, and EAB experts connected during two, half-day sessions about the state of higher education broadly and actionable insights to survive and thrive. Topics included:
- The competitive and challenging enrollment landscape
- Higher education’s outdated business model
- Changing needs and preferences of student populations
- The crisis of confidence in the value of a degree
- Academic program innovation and prioritization
- Opportunities to achieve financial sustainability
This symposium was an extension of the conversations from AASCU’s 2020 Annual Meeting about the current and future state of higher education amid a pandemic, a nationwide recession, and historic social justice movements.
Watch this two-minute video for the key highlights from the 2021 AASCU Presidential Symposium.