Establish Sustainable Data Governance
Despite widespread adoption of data-driven technologies in higher education, most institutions are struggling to see a return on their investments in campus analytics. Without effective data governance campus leaders are left with inconsistent information across disparate silos, which limits their ability to generate useful analysis and to effectively secure sensitive information. Leaders must collaborate across the institution to build enterprise-level data governance and maximize the value of their data assets.
- 1. Help campus leaders understand why data governance really matters
- 2. Review current maturity across key data governance capabilities
- 3. Design data governance structures for iteration and sustainability
- 4. Focus fast-cycle data definition efforts on strategic priorities
- 5. Automate data access and create user feedback mechanisms