How to use this section:
- Understand recent trends in the online and hybrid market
- Learn about common organizational structures of continuing and online education units
- Build the necessary knowledge base to successfully launch an online and hybrid education portfolio
Glossary of TermsThis resource defines some key terms and phrases used within the industry.
Online and Hybrid Enrollment Trends
Get a snapshot of the current national and segment-specific trends in the online and hybrid education market. Browse the entire resource here or download your segment below:
- U.S. National Trends
- U.S. Research Universities
- U.S. Regional Public Universities
- U.S. Regional Private Universities
- U.S. Liberal Arts Colleges
- U.S. For-Profit Universities
- Canadian Institutions
Despite growth in both the number of online programs and student enrollment, misconceptions about the potential and limitations of online learning persist. Use this brief to dispel the three most prevalent myths pertaining to the scalability, quality, and global reach of online education.
While MOOCs and their providers are no longer the novelty they once were, they continue to impact the online education landscape. Use this brief to better understand the key lessons from the MOOC trend.
For additional context about MOOCs and their providers see:
Resource for COE Forum Members: COE Organizational Benchmarking Survey
The survey is designed to examine continuing and professional education organizational models irrespective of primary modality or program type. This survey assists you and your team make a fact-based case for the resources and organizational structures needed to achieve institutional goals.
This short on-demand webconference covers benefits and tradeoffs of the most typical structures for adult, online, and professional education.