Craft a Future-Oriented Strategic Enrollment Management Plan
Many community college leaders have turned to Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) as the solution to their enrollment issues. However, SEM plans at community colleges have come to encompass a laundry list of hopes, goals, and initiatives that colleges would like to accomplish without accounting for resource availability. In order to achieve financial sustainability, community colleges must evaluate external and future influences, craft enrollment strategy that articulates institutional priorities, and allocate specific resources to strategies that achieve enrollment goals.
- 1. Learn about SEM and the key components of an effective plan
- 2. Conduct scenario planning to ensure institutional enrollment goals are future-oriented
- 3. Build a prioritized SEM plan specific to institutional needs
- 4. Craft strategies to serve your target market segment
- 5. Create messaging that responds to student motivations