Improve Recruitment of Underrepresented Students
As the population of high school graduates becomes more diverse, and the overall number of college-age students declines, universities must do a better job recruiting populations that have historically been underrepresented in post-secondary education (first-generation, low-income, underrepresented minority, and rural students).
- 1. Understand how preparedness gaps create uneven enrollment of underrepresented students
- 2. Scale college access programs to reach more students
- 3. Engage families of first-generation students in the recruitment process
- 4. Enhance the recruitment and application process by eliminating procedural barriers
- 5. Address unique barriers to college enrollment among rural students