District leaders are reporting a rise in student behavior concerns, which is preventing progress on pandemic recovery efforts, from academics to teacher morale. That’s why EAB's District Leadership Forum is conducting a nationwide survey on student behavior. We'll measure the prevalence and types of student behaviors causing concern and the barriers school districts are facing to addressing these concerns. K-12 teachers and district and school administrators can complete the 10-minute survey here.
The survey results will identify nationwide trends in students’ behavior, and EAB will use this data to tailor actionable solutions to create conducive environments for students to thrive.
Participants will be eligible to receive early insights from the survey, including:
- The prevalence and type of student behaviors causing concern across school districts nationwide
- Discrepancies between district and school leadership’s understanding and teachers’ reporting of student behavior
- Underlying barriers to creating the conditions required for positive student behavior in schools and classrooms
Please share the survey link with all teachers, school leaders, and district administration—we want to capture a diversity of experiences to better inform our research. District leaders can distribute the survey using this sample email.
Share the survey with our sample email
I am sending you this email to request your participation in a brief survey on a very important topic— student behavioral concerns and creating positive school environments.
Please access the survey here.
This is a nationwide survey administered by EAB, an educational research organization that partners with hundreds of school districts across the country. The survey results will identify nationwide trends in students’ behavior, and EAB will use this data to tailor actionable solutions to create conducive environments for students to thrive. Please note:
- This survey is completely confidential. You will not be required to provide any personally identifying information if you do not want to and data will be aggregated.
- The survey is being distributed to all teachers and school administrators in our district to ensure a broad range of perspectives. The questions will vary by role and should not take more than 5-10 minutes for anyone to complete.
- This data will help our schools identify and address the most pressing barriers to creating conducive environments for students and staff to thrive.
If you have any questions, or experience any technical issues, please reach out to Olivia Rios at [email protected]. Thank you in advance for taking the time to contribute to this important research!
More for teachers and district leaders
Create conditions for positive behavior in early grades
Our best-practice research study focuses on four high-impact, systemic practices which should set the foundation for an effective districtwide response to student behavior.