EAB provides in-depth research and services for university leaders to meet their most pressing challenges. We have developed resources and expertise on everything from driving a world-class student experience to redesigning professional services functions to expanding global research partnerships.
Four ways to get the most out of your EAB partnership:
- 2024 Sustainability Action Planning
- Friday, December 8, 2023
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023
See registration page for session times.
- For UK and Europe:
- Tuesday, November 28 | 14.00-15.00 GMT or 15.00-16.00 CET
- For Australia and New Zealand:
- Tuesday, November 28 | 11.00-12.00 AET or 13.00-14.00 NZDT
Once per month 4-part series:
- Embedding Well-Being Support into More Student Touchpoints
- January 31 | 9.00-10.00 AET or 11.00-12.00 NZDT
- Leveraging Data to Demonstrate Impact of Mental Health Work
- February 22 | 9.00-10.00 AET or 11.00-12.00 NZDT
- Empowering Academics and Graduate Students as Mental Health Champions
- March 13 | 9.00-10.00 AET or 11.00-12.00 NZDT
- Fundraising for Student Mental Health and Well-being
- April 4 | 9.00-10.00 AET or 11.00-12.00 NZDT
Current Research Initiatives
EAB partners have the opportunity to take part in our ongoing research by connecting one-on-one with experts for research interviews, serving as best-practice case studies, and more. We invite you to participate (or nominate someone on your campus to participate) in our current research initiatives:
Recruiting Academics in the Face of Increased Out-of-Sector Competition
- What factors hold the greatest weight when hiring an academic superstar (e.g., start-up funding, autonomy, spousal hire)?
- How do institutions identify superstars and decide when to invest in hiring one?
- How do leaders of academic divisions and VC/PVC work together to hire academic superstars?
The Changing Landscape of Academic Advising/Personal Tutoring
- How must advising models shift to meet changing student needs and expectations
- What are the core competencies of an effective advising model?
- How can universities create meaningful career paths for advisors?
Use the remote work policy audit to compare your institution’s policy to best practices across a wide spectrum of employers and data-driven research, and receive concrete suggestions to improve your policy that are specifically tailored to higher education.
A signature component of an EAB partnership is access to our higher education experts for virtual workshops and presentations. Browse the presentation topics that can help you educate stakeholders, support decision-making, and accelerate progress.
To help campus leaders better attract prospective applicants, EAB offers a Job Description Audit. You will receive a customized report that includes distinct strengths, concrete opportunities for improvement, and sample language from exemplar job descriptions.
Employment websites serve as a gateway to the application and hiring process at your institution. Use this checklist to assess your institution’s employment website and identify opportunities for improvement.
Our research team at EAB just launched our 2023 Talent Questionnaire to assess higher ed turnover, recruitment and retention practices, and central HR structures. By sharing your insights, you’ll receive benchmarking data and EAB analysis to enhance your institution’s talent practices. Please fill out the survey by December 1—it only takes 10 minutes to complete.
Partners who submit their data by January 15, 2024 will receive their custom benchmarking within our Inaugural Cohort.
Click on each topic below to explore research studies, toolkits, and more.
- Infographic: 8 ways to court the cost-conscious international student
- Infographic: 5 ways to increase academic staff efficacy in student success
- Expert Insight: Total student experience: a holistic approach to addressing today’s student expectations
- Infographic: Navigating the Student Journey with an Experiential Course Map
- Toolkit: Enhance the Student Experience and Career Readiness with Course and Major Maps
- Infographic: Six Aspirations for Designing the Modern Student Experience
- Infographic: Five Components of Student Belonging
- Student Belonging Resource Centre
- Infographic: Barriers to Student Success and Attainment
- Infographic: Gen Z Student Personas
- Infographic: Four Tactics to Support First-in-Family Students
- Infographic: 10 Trends to Guide University Leaders in Growing Industry Partnerships
- Diagnostic: Cost, Efficiency, and Operations Self-Assessment
- Infographic: Campus 2030
- Resource: 3 ways to keep pace with growing sustainability strategies in higher ed
- Resource: Compendium of Sustainability Initiatives in Higher Education
- Study: Sustainability Action Plans for Colleges and Universities
- Roadmap: Boost Process Improvement Success by Starting with the Right Projects
- Resource: Shared Services Primer
- Cost Containment Resource Centre
- Launching an Online Education Programme? 5 Questions and Recommendations from EAB Experts
- Infographic: Designing an Online Education Strategy–and How EAB Can Help
- Expert Insight: MOOCs as a recruitment tool: the University of York’s approach to ‘try-before-you-buy’ courses
- Expert Insight: Stem programme proliferation by actively managing your campus’ portfolio
- Resource: 38 Approaches to Maximize Instructional Productivity
- Infographic: Mistakes and Solutions in New Course Launches
- Study: Academic Vital Signs
- Infographic: 10 Issues Facing University Leaders Across the Sector
- Executive Briefing: Dynamic Strategy
- Diagnostic: Dynamic Strategy Diagnostic
- Expert Insight: For digital transformation success, start with a digital strategy that advances the university mission
- Diagnostic: Digital Transformation Capabilities Assessment
- Infographic: Signals of Digital Transformation Success
- Infographic: Five Hidden Enemies to University Strategy
- Resource: Explore new international opportunities and expand existing transnational collaborations
- Infographic: The Enrolment-Optimised University Strategy
- Executive Briefing: Five Threats of Silos
- Infographic: 6 Elements of an Inclusive Job Advertisment
- Employee Recruitment and Retention Resource Centre
- Toolkit: Higher Ed Job Description Checklist
- Resource: Remote Work Policy Audit
- Whitepaper: Guide to Behavioural-Based Interviewing
- Infographic: 105 Tactics to Improve Employee Engagement
- Infographic: The Business Case for Investing in Higher Education Talent (and Risks for Those Who Don't)
- Executive Briefing: 5 Realities Reshaping Higher Education's Competition for Talent